Saturday, June 12, 2010

Don't punch the ladybug!




Such a bizarre thing happened the other day. My daughter and I were at the local plant nursery and we saw this lifesize ladybug. Another kid was playing with its arms that just flopped up and down so we thought it was a dummy or doll, just for display effect.

I said to my daughter: "Its just an ornament" and she did this karate stance with a fake punch. Well, the "doll" jumped backwards, knocking over a potted palm tree, and said "Woah!" and Briony and I got such a fright we also jumped back and were in fits of giggles.

The owner came up and said "Who was scared of the ladybug?"

It was ridiculous. But the guy in the mascot suit was so quiet - turns out he had been instructed not to talk (because ladybugs don't).

He is there to hand out sweets to the kids. We took a picture of him as well as a funny sign of some rusks and some baby venus flytraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Keep it short, sweet and kind!